Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inspiration

If you have read my prior blog posts you know that I have spent almost an entire month lying on my belly on the floor suffering from a burst/herniated disc. I have managed to find a few projects that I could work on while in this position... such as starting this blog. :) I actually finished up a HUGE wedding project this afternoon. I am so excited about it, but I decided not to post it because I want to keep a few things as surprises for my guests. I am not good at keeping secrets, but I am going to try not to share everything ahead of time to give my friends a reason to actually show up.
I have been searching the internet for fun/interesting/inspiring blogs and websites to keep me busy and to keep my creative "juices" flowing (I don't really know why I just wrote that, because that saying has always bothered me... but it was so fitting).
Since I anticipate several more weeks of limited mobility post-surgery I wanted to see if any of you -my very few readers, know of a really good or fun blog or website that you could share, I would love to hear your suggestions. Thank you so much.
 Surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30. Your prayers are coveted and appreciated greatly!



2 comments:

  1. Nora, you'll do fine in surgery. The nurses are used to people being anxious and hating needles. You won't feel the IV once it's in. They also will give you something that will help you relax while you're waiting for surgery. You'll be covered in warm blankets while the surgeons get you ready, and there will be a kind anesthetist at your head talking to you and helping you understand what's going on. Then they'll tell you that you're going to get some medicine that will make you sleepy. You'll be feeling relaxed and comfortable as you drift off to sleep.

    The next thing you'll know, the surgery will be over. You'll have nurses making sure that you're feeling ok and your pain is under control. Sleep if you feel like it.

    Most hospitals have free WiFi, so you can watch movies on your laptop from Netflix or Hulu. Music also helps lower your pain levels.

    My favorite waste some time website is StumbleUpon. Based on interests you choose, you are shown websites that are very interesting. It's a lot of fun.

    If you haven't already found Picasa from Google, you can download this program and let it find all the images on your computer and categorize them. I love this software for uploading photos from my camera card to my laptop.

    I love Flickr for hosting my photos online and keeping online albums. It's very easy to use, and the free account is very large. You can also choose how public your photos are on this site.

    I didn't do a lot of reading while recuperating from surgery or when hospitalized because the pain meds make my eyes a bit blurry. Websites are different because you can zoom in with your browser to make the text size bigger.

    I think it's normal to feel anxious before surgery. It's part of being human. Everything will be ok, and family and friends that love you are praying for you.

    I hope you have a successful surgery.
    Love in Christ,
    Micah

    ps--my illness keeps me at home a lot so after you get home and feel better, I'd be happy to call you and entertain you for a while and catch up! My mom is visiting next weekend, but she'll only be here from Friday night to Monday Morning. Send me a message on Facebook if you want to talk or IM or if I can do anything else for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how about an update on this blog?

    ReplyDelete