Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Anxiousness

I had my appointment with the surgeon this morning. My back surgery has been scheduled for next Monday, August 16th at 7:30 AM. I have never had surgery before, in fact, i have never had anesthesia. I was awake when my wisdom teeth came out, so "going under" will be a new experience for me. I hadn't really thought about the actually surgery until this morning. And I have to admit, I am terrified. I know that there are hundreds of people praying for me and I know that God is holding me in His hand. I know that He knew this was going to happen before he created me. I am trying to trust Him, but there is still the fear of the unknown, but more than that, my intense fear of needles... and that dreaded IV. I have never done well with needles, in fact I generally feel nauseated or faint just from seeing the needle, let alone having it under my skin. I am trying very hard not to think about it, because if I am not thinking about it, I am not worrying about it. It does make it easier to focus on the positive... but... I am so thankful that my God hears my prayers and cares about even my "insignificant" fears.  I have been claiming this verse and trusting Him to give me peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment