Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tissue Paper Flowers

One of the projects that I have been working on this week is tissue paper flowers. I plan to use these as some of the decorations at our wedding reception. I have several ideas for how to use them, but they are really easy to make as I lie on my stomach. I have already made hundreds of them. I will give step-by-step instructions along with the photos.


Cut 4, 4" x 6" pieces of tissue paper. I used a 4" x 6" index card as a pattern.


Accordian-fold the papers lengthwise, using 1/2" or 3/4" folds.


Wrap a piece of wire around the center of the folded paper. Trim the ends to slight curved to give a scalloped edge, this will create the 'petals'.


Separate each piece of paper by carefully pulling it in towards the center of the flower.
And the finished product is your tissue flower.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for the tutorial. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. it definitely is a baby blog. hopefully i will keep up with it and have more fun things on here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, I made a ton of these for our wedding. We put them on the ends of white folding fans and gave them as favors--we got married in Florida in May so we had to be prepared in case it was hot :) Thankfully it was perfect weather, but at least we were ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I saw a cardigan on a blog where the flowers were made from organdy and then stitched to the front edges of the cardigan.--I think the blog was linked from Craftster.org (you can spend hours on this site!)

    Couldn't you imagine black silk organdy flowers stitched to a classic black cashmere cardigan? Or a patterned flower on a bright cardi? I have found some fabulous deals on cardigans at Nordstrom Rack (I got the twinset that I wore to Rob's sister's wedding there for under $70!) and TJ Maxx.

    I've been wanting to make some of these flowers as broaches and hair clips.

    You could do these while you recuperate and sell some on Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete