Friday, July 30, 2010

salsa recipe

With much encouragement from my sister and my mom over the past few months I finally decided to make my first post. :)
The past few saturday mornings my boyfriend and I have gone to our local Downtown Farmers Market. It had been about 3 years since I had gone and I was more than pleasantly surprised by how much it has grown. We picked up a few things each time, but one of my favorites is definitely the salsa recipe that I sampled while we were there. I made a few adjustments, but it is so easy and completely addictive. I have made 2 big batches already. It's been a great way to use up some of the fresh tomatoes from my porch "garden".

Fresh Salsa Recipe
1 pound fresh tomatoes
1 small onion (I used red onion)
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
3-4 jalapeno peppers (or any variety) hot peppers, seeds and veins removed
juice from 1/2 fresh lime
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. garlic powder
2-3 cloves garlic
1 t. salt (or to taste)
dash of pepper

Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree. Chill for about an hour for flavors to combine. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment